“Travel to Tokyo and visit Akihabara, Otaku Heaven”

As an otaku, a trip to Japan has been on my dream list forever. So, when I booked tickets to travel to Tokyo, Japan through XcelTrip, I already knew what I’d want to visit first- Akihabara, the anime district of Tokyo.


After taking the day off after landing, I visited Akihabara on Sunday (Visiting the district on Sunday and public holidays is most advisable as the roads will be closed off to vehicles). The entire district is filled with a surreal air. This left me mesmerised and speechless for a while, much to the amusement of my friends.
The electronic lights of the signs, the anime figurines and cosplayers, all leave you feeling like you’ve entered an anime world yourself.
While you are in Akihabara, a must visit will be the numerous anime, manga and gaming stores. Walking into numerous anime stores, seeing figurines and plushies of my favourite anime characters and not to mention the excessive splurging I indulged in, was one of my best experiences. Another major attraction is the anime themed cafes and restaurants spread throughout the city. Visiting Chuo Dori street and seeing both sides of the street lined with shops for every possible Japanese culture is a true treat.
The J-Pop concerts in the districts leave you feeling completely exhilarated and with a sore throat after all the chanting and cheering. As a fan of the girl group, AKB48, seeing the cafes and theatres on based them and then their live concert, left me completely speechless. As a matter of fact, almost everything in the district left me speechless and left me filled to the brim with otaku happiness.
Another thing that you shouldn’t miss, is the Real-life Mario Kart races. I don’t think I need to say much more on this matter.
The best thing about my visit to Akihabara district, was meeting all the other otakus out there. I managed to meet quite a few other enthusiasts and managed to make a few friends.
To sum it up, I spent a day in actual otaku heaven. So, to all my fellow otakus, book your tickets now to travel to Tokyo and make your way to Akihabara district.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visit The Wonderland Of Natural Attractions, Costa Rica

Indonesia Travel Guide

Visit the Stavropoleos Monastery and Cotroceni Palace by Cryptocurrency hotel booking at XcelTrip