My Travels to Chubu Region of Japan


Over the course of my month-long trip to Japan that I organised for myself through XcelTrip, I had the wonderful opportunity to spend 15 days in the Chubu region and explore its nine prefectures in the centre of Japan’s largest island, Honshu.


The diverse Chubu region caters to every tourist’s dream- It has beaches, snow-capped mountains, hot springs and all in the same region! Though, the main highlight and attraction of this region is the iconic, tourist dream, Mount Fuji and the Japanese alps.
To categorise my wonderful travel experience in the region, here is my experience in some of the prefectures:
1.     Shizuoka Prefecture – The Riviera of Japan

I spent most of my time exploring this wonderful area. Home to the famous Mount Fuji, and The Izu peninsula, I fell in love with the scenic beauty of it all. The decision of visiting the country when the cherry blossoms were in full bloom, was perhaps my best till date. Visiting the prefectural capital of Shizuoka should be a must on every traveller’s list for those picturesque views of Mount Fuji.

I spent my time in this region almost surrounded by nature. The hot springs of Lake Hamanako and the city of Fujinomiya at the base of Mount Fuji satisfied my little nature enthusiast to the brim. So, this place is a 10/10 for all the nature enthusiast like me.

2.     Gifu Prefecture

This landlocked region is famous for its mountains and collections of small hamlets. The entire region is so distant from the city life that it left me feeling more peaceful than I ever have.

3.     Nagano Prefecture

Site of the Olympic Winter Games, 1998, this region holds a plethora of areas that a must visit. I particularly enjoyed visiting Yamanouchi, the home of the hot spring bathing monkeys. Yes, I did say, the hot spring bathing monkeys! The wonderful castles of Matsumoto and the Takato castle were a wonder to behold.
Being an extremely large area and with my time constraint, I was unfortunately unable to explore and appreciate the prefectures fully. I would love to go back and explore some more.
After all, what can quench a traveller’s wanderlust?
Book your trip to Japan now with crypto on XcelTrip and explore numerous such places around the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visit The Wonderland Of Natural Attractions, Costa Rica

Indonesia Travel Guide

Visit the Stavropoleos Monastery and Cotroceni Palace by Cryptocurrency hotel booking at XcelTrip